Textile designer Fiona Ross, the proud owner of Candy Coated Accessories, located in the North East of Scotland, advises on why investing in wool accessories this winter is better for the environment than quick-fix acrylic accessories from the highstreet.
Fiona's top reasons why...
1. Wool is Biodegradable As a natural fibre, it breaks down quickly unlike synthetic fibres making it a much better choice for the future of our planet.
2. Wool is an all-natural product Sheep are part of the natural carbon cycle, consuming the organic carbon stored in plants and converting it to wool. Half of the weight of wool is pure organic carbon. So you can buy wool with a clean conscience knowing that your beautiful scarf or cosy hot water bottle cover supports carbon reduction.
3. Wool is Breathable When worn, it provides enough space for the right amount of air to seep in, and for heat to seep out, it reacts to changes in your body temperature, keeping you comfortable all day long. Which ties us nicely to number 4...
4. Wool absorbs moisture Lambswool is super absorbent. It can soak up about thirty percent of its weight in liquid. So, if you get too warm while out walking and sweat, your sweat will be absorbed and then will dissipate over the course of the day. This ability makes it a perfect choice for accessories because even without frequent washing, your wool won't stay damp or smelly!
5. Wool is Durable Wool is resistant to odour and stains, meaning garments require less washing which has less environmental impact. It is also naturally elastic meaning it retains its shape well. Candy Coated Accessories are always knitted with 100% Lambswool as it's super cosy, is characteristically soft and protects its colour. This makes it perfect for high-quality textiles such as mine. So if you haven't tried Lambswool yet, go on, treat yourself, and make the right choice this festive season.
Stockist details: 07974312037 | www.candy-coated.com
Discover a range of sustainable luxury knitted accessories for you and your home, inspired by geometric patterns and vibrant colours. Every item is designed and made in Scotland by textile designer Fiona Ross, the proud owner of Candy Coated Accessories, located in the North East of Scotland. Drawing on her experience in textile manufacturing since 2006, she combines traditional techniques with modern design to create unique and colourful collections that you will adore. From cosy jacquard knit scarves to eye-catching pom pom beanies, stylish twist headbands, and warm hot water bottle covers, there is something for everyone to enjoy.